Collection of Personal Information
When a visitor places an order with TCT, TCT may collect personal information about you, including name, title, company, address, email address, phone numbers and, in rare instances, other categories of personal information, such as payment card information, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers (or equivalent national identification numbers) and date of birth.
In addition to purchasing products or service and registration, TCT may ask you for and collect personal information at other times, including when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, participate in a promotion or marketing campaign sponsored by TCT or one of its business partners, when you want to find out about service offered in your area, when you complete surveys or other questionnaires; when you participate in a user forum or blog hosted by TCT or one of its business partners, when you send an email to TCT, when you express interest in employment with TCT, or when you engage in other activities on it’s web site.
In addition, TCT’s web server logs collect the domain names of visitors to its web site. This information is aggregated to measure number of visits, average time spent on the TCT’s web site, pages viewed and other web site usage information. TCT uses this information to measure the use of its site and to improve the content of its site. Aggregated information is not used in such a form that would enable direct connection of any personal information to TCT’s visitors.
Any submissions that you make to any public areas of TCT’s web site such as bulletin boards ("Public Areas") will be public and will not be considered personal information. TCT does not control, and are not responsible for, the actions of other users of the web site or of clients with respect to any information you post in Public Areas. In addition, information that you submit to Public Areas may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages and for other purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you are on the TCT’s web site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with TCT, its subsidiaries and related companies. Additionally, if you purchase a cellular phone, accessories or other device requiring service, your personal information is shared with the service provider/carrier with whom you subscribe.
TCT may also contract with third party companies to perform services for TCT on its web site that require these companies to collect personal information (e.g. hosting a web site sweepstakes, promotion or survey, or selling software downloads). TCT's web site may allow third party vendors to provide products and services directly to TCT consumers. Such relationships are designated with a "Provided By" or "Powered By" company legend or logo, or other similarly worded designation. If you desire to purchase a product or service from such third party, your personal information will be collected by the third-party company, and shared with TCT. You may review the privacy practices of the third party either by clicking the link on the bottom of the page, or by clicking on the "Provided by Company" logo, which will take you to their web site.
TCT takes great pride in utilizing only reputable business partners. TCT may, on occasion, provide personal information to third-party businesses as part of a specific product, service, or promotion. TCT shares web site usage information about visitors to its web siteswho have received a targeted promotional campaign with reputable third-party advertising companies for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. For this purpose, TCT and its third-party advertising companies note some of the pages you visit on its web sites through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs). The information collected by TCT’s third-party advertising companies through the use of these pixel tags is not personally identifiable.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you enter TCT’s web site, the server may attach a small text file to your hard drive — commonly called a “cookie”. Your unique cookie tells TCT that it is you whenever you re-enter the web site, so TCT can recall where you have previously been on the web site, and what, if anything, you have in your shopping cart. Cookies help TCT deliver a better web site experience to its users.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your Internet browser preferences, you have the ability to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies.
Use of Information Collected via TCT’s Web Site
TCT shall use your personally identifiable information that is collected on its web sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services or to complete a transaction or service requested by you. TCT's primary goal in collecting personal information is to facilitate product order processing and to enable TCT to contact you if a problem arises with your order. Additionally, if you purchase a cellular phone, accessories or other device requiring service, your personal information may be used to obtain a credit report if necessary. Such information is required when making a purchase.
- To alert you of special offers, updated information and other new products or services from TCT, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you.
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion. TCT shall use the information it collects to help target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails sent by TCT, or by third parties under contract with TCT. TCT may also match user information with third party data to help it better understand its customers. TCT also conducts research on its users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to it when making a purchase, during a promotion, from surveys and from its server log files. TCT does this to better understand and serve its users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis as to prevent identification of personal information relating to any one individual. TCT may share this aggregated data with its business partners.
- To ensure TCT’s web site are relevant to your needs as well as to help TCT create and publish content most relevant to you. This information may also be used to provide you with a customized experience on TCT’s web site, which includes interactive communications, and other services. TCT’s web site may also contain optional surveys and questionnaires asking for information, as well as several opportunities for visitors to ask questions. TCT uses the information you provide to help it design and build better products, to customize your shopping experience, and to provide advice and purchase recommendations. Taking part in any of these segments is always optional and voluntary
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of TCT’s web sites
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry
- Finally, TCT may also ask for your personal information when you express an interest in employment opportunities at TCT.
Access to Personal Information
TCT or its business partners may, from time to time, send you email or direct mail regarding TCT’s products and services. If you do not want to receive such information, simply inform TCT when giving your personal information, or follow the directions contained on the mailing to remove your name from its mailing list(s).
On certain types of TCT promotions or sweepstakes, TCT will ask for your email address in order to contact you in the event you have won a prize. When you participate in these types of promotions, you may receive promotion-related email. Occasionally these promotion-related email messages may include targeted advertisements. If you do not wish to receive such advertisements, you can choose not to participate in such promotions or contests. Please note that by refusing to provide personal information or by denying or withdrawing consent to use personal information for purposes identified, you may be unable to participate in certain programs or activities sponsored by TCT.
Security of Your Personal Information
When you place an order or provide personal information, TCT employs certain technical and organization security measures. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, TCT cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TCT and you understand that any information that you transfer to TCT is done at your own risk.
Your information is protected during transmission by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Only the last four digits of your credit card numbers are revealed when confirming an order. Of course, the entire credit card number is transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We give you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, a copy of the prior version may be kept for our records
International Transfer of Information
Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
TCT does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If TCT learns that it has collected the personal information of a child under 13 TCT will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.