Keeping It Simple: ALCATEL ONETOUCH Becomes alcatel
- Alcatel will operate under the name alcatel, with a new logo and new focus
- The brand will increase its engagement with millennial customers
- Alcatel will continue to create curated, carefully considered, fun devices at the right price point
MWC, Barcelona, 20 February 2016 – Alcatel, a member of TCL Communication, announces that it will now be operating under the name alcatel.
With its business in key segments and markets increasing, alcatel felt it was the right time to launch the new branding. In tune with their target market of millennials, alcatel is simplifying: simplifying thier name, simplifying thier message and streamlining their devices.
Consumer focused devices and counsumer focused marketing
With the launch of its new branding, alcatel is also increasing its engagement with millennials, who are uncompromising in what they expect from brands in their everyday lives. alcatel seeks to offer the features and technology their customers need, but keep surprising the users with great experiences.
Aimed at college students/young adults, young professionals and young parents, the brand’s new lineup, currently being launched a Mobile World Congress, offers an array of personalized choices particularly suited to these markets, including fun customizable covers, DJ mix software, amped-up audio systems and the innovative virtual reality experience.
- IDOL 4 series: The alcatel flagship that augments the user experience with a Boom Key that enhances taking photos, listening to music, gaming and more.
- POP 4 series: “Designed by you, inside and out,” with vast collection of colors and styles, and optional technology upgrades.
- PIXI 4 series: Offers a comprehensive and reliable user experience at an affordable price.
- PLUS 10: The brand’s first connected 2-in-1 Windows device for unbeatable productivity on the move.
Fun, But Thoughtful
“Millennials want to have fun, but they also want those experiences to be simple, meaningful and authentic,” said Dan Dery, Chief Marketing Officer at alcatel. “Because both quality and price are important to millennials, we feel that alcatel — with our DNA of making innovation accessible to everyone — is uniquely in tune with their needs.”